Welcome to my page! My name is Riza Baltazar. I am a Filipino transgender male born in Quezon City, Manila. I immigrated to Canada at the age of 4. I enjoy cooking and playing guitar. You will find me either playing board games, video games and outdoor sports with friends and family or relaxing with a cup of tea at home with my ferret. On the side I occasionally do live streams on Twitch and create videos on my YouTube account.
Software Engineer & Data Analyst.
My goal is to become a data scientist. I am a 31-year-old developer and researcher. I learned how to clean up and analyze data using Python and R. I create graphs to tell a story; to learn and teach using science and technology.
- Birthday: 6 February 1990
- Website: http://rizbaltazar.com/info
- Phone: (613) 851 - 9304
- City: Ottawa, ON
- Age: 31
- Degree: Bachelor of Science
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freelance: Available
I started my journey as an aspiring developer out of high school. I graduated from Algonquin College with a Computer Engineering/Computing Science Advanced Diploma. I worked in private and public sector jobs as a developer but wanted a more fulfilling career in math and statistics. I recently received a Bachelor of Science Major, Physics, Minor in Statistics from Carleton.
Over the years, I spent my free time working on my website, participating in game jams, and creating small web applications. I started leaning more towards Python as it is a readable language and there are tons of packages out there for creating video games, websites, and performing scientific analysis.
For Data Analysis, R is faster and sleeker in terms of computer usage. I learned R in my Data Mining course and used the knowledge I gained over the summer on Kaggle to pass the class with flying colors! From Exploratory Data Analysis to making predictions using Random Forests and Decision Trees, I find Data Analysis interesting and challenging.
Reliable and problem-solving Analyst with 2 years of experience in software and web development, and 1 year experience in technological support.
- 65 Sullivan Ave, Ottawa, ON
- (613) 851-9304
Bachelor of Science Major, Physics, Minor in Statistics
Sep 2017 - Dec 2020
Carleton University, Ottawa, ON
- Paul Menton Center notetaker for Students with Disabilities
- Recognized Study Group participant
- Panelist for Physics Department Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Colloquium
Relevant Courses: Computational Physics, Data Mining, Statistical Modeling, Regression Analysis, Sampling Methodology
Advanced Diploma Computer Engineering/Computing Science
Sep 2010 - Dec 2013
Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON
- 3rd place Applied Research and Innovation Day (ARI, 2013). Developed a web application for a client that allows psychiatric patients to track symptoms and medications, and communicate with their doctor outside of the office.
Relevant Courses: Differential and Integral Calculus, Data Structures, Software Design, Testing and QA, Numerical Computing
Junior Software Developer
2014 - 2015
TekSavvy, Gatineau, QC
- Used Lync Software Development Kit (SDK), XAML and C# to create a Windows Presentation Foundation user control library for a CRM application
- Followed agile methodology by attending weekly scrum meetings using kanban boards (Trello and Team Foundation Server (TFS))
Junior Web Developer
Apr 2013 - Aug 2013
Titus, Ottawa, ON
- Debugged issues in Chrome and Internet Explorer using web browser development tools
- Researched and wrote documentation for reverse and forward proxy
IT Service Desk and Junior Web Developer
Jan 2012 - Mar 2013
Canada Revenue Agency, Ottawa, ON
- Fixed technical issues of users with cases in Service Desk
- Replaced the Common Look and Feel (CLF) for the intranet based on the Web Experience Toolkit (WET 2.0) protocols